Espied in SF: We Are Espied: The Year We Make Contact

« Home | The Wall » | I'd Vote for Him » | Well... Off to Vote! » | DBH Returns... ? » | Psst! Lookee Here! » | Strange, Sad Air » | Overheardables Goes to the Movies » | Advice for the Wicked » | P.S.A. Tuesday » | Day Late, Dollar Short » 

Monday, June 12, 2006 

We Are Espied: The Year We Make Contact

A few weeks ago I made a comment about how much I love the grafitiostas named "We Are Ravens!"

A lot has happened since then. DDT has moved out of town to establish the second chapter for the Painted Ground and the following Saturday I got drunk lamenting the fact that he has left the neighborhood. What does an self-respecting drunk man do on a Saturday night? Why, surf the web of course!

An idea had been mulling around my brain for a few days. Alcohol was the culprit who let that beast out. With reckless abandon I decided to head on over to the best place in the net to communicate with complete strangers. You know it as Craigslist.

I posted the following:

"We Are Ravens!!

Where have you been?

We miss you.

Love,
Espied and the Painted Ground."

What did I have to lose? An anonymous post like this had an extremely large change of being ingnored. I knew that. I just wanted to see what would happen. I did not expect a damn thing.

A week passed. I nursed my hangover and life went on.

Then, last Friday night (6/9/06) I came across the following, posted at 24th and Guerrero, right across the street from the hallowed garbage can:


If I were a teenage girl I would have squealed with delight. Instead, I immediately ran home and grabbed my camera. I couldn't I was filled with glee the whole night long. In fact, I had trouble falling asleep. It's as if I just made contact with an alien race. I'm not positive that they were talking to me or not, but I'd like to think that they were.

It seemed that We Are Ravens! was busy that weekend. PG staffer Vigilant_Josh also found this a few steps away from his apartment:


I would love to take this one home with me, but I'm afraid of this cushion. I'm almost positive it smells of dog pee-pee by now. If I wash it I'd be afraid that the ink would be washed away.

*sigh*

We Are Ravens! Thanks for making our weekend a little happier over here in the Mission and up in the Pac NW. It's true. We did miss you! Now that you're back, won't you visit more often?

...i noticed a little addition to that we are ravens no news is good news.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm t.a.f.k.a.y.e.l.r.a.
  • From San Francisco, California, United States
My profile
www.flickr.com
The Staff at the Painted Ground's photos More of The Staff at the Painted Ground's photos

The Other Site