Espied in SF: Nitrous: It's Not Just for Breakfast Anymore

« Home | Garage Door Mural » | More on the Earthquake/Fire » | One Hundred Years and Still Strong » | Please Lord, Let Me Sleep Through This » | I'm Not Touching This One » | DBH Monday: David Quotes Prince » | Emptiness » | First One Who Blinks, Loses. » | Can They See Us Through All Those Clouds? » | Leftover Bathroom Humor » 

Thursday, April 20, 2006 

Nitrous: It's Not Just for Breakfast Anymore

Mysteries are abound as to why a pile of nitrous oxide cartridges were laying at the foot of this trashcan at 24th and Guerrero last Saturday night. At first I thought they were bullet casings, but I realized that had I been a few blocks east of Mission Street that may have been true. To my dismay/relief, it was just a pile of nitrous cartridges.

I can only guess that someone -- or a group of someones -- was having a happy time while waiting for the 48 to show up. With the frequency that MUNI operates it is quite possible that the above-mentioned people had plenty of time to partake in the brain-cell-killing gas.

Of course, it is possible that these were used to make whipped cream or some other fluffy edibles. But, who am I kidding?

Had these fictional-people-in-my-mind rode the 48 after inhaling tons of nitrous I'd like to think that it made the whole experience enjoyable. God knows that I've needed something to drink after riding many of MUNI's lines. Perhaps it was just a bit of preventive medicine?

About me

  • I'm t.a.f.k.a.y.e.l.r.a.
  • From San Francisco, California, United States
My profile
www.flickr.com
The Staff at the Painted Ground's photos More of The Staff at the Painted Ground's photos

The Other Site