Espied in SF: Emptiness

« Home | First One Who Blinks, Loses. » | Can They See Us Through All Those Clouds? » | Leftover Bathroom Humor » | Omar, Omar, Omar! » | Perpetual Rain and Its Repercussions » | ¡Espied in SF Ahora en Español! » | DBH Monday » | Apocalyptic Friday » | I Don't Feel Like Cooking. We're Having Leftovers. » | Neither Am I, But You Don't Hear Me Complain, Do You? » 

Friday, April 14, 2006 

Emptiness





On 19th Street, Between Dolores and Guerrero Streets, lies an empty space that used to be an automotive repair shop. All that is left is the façade.

The space that cars once drove through is blocked off by a chain link fence. This is what you see on the other side.

I find it incredibly odd that there is large, blank space in the middle of the Mission District. It is an unusual sight to San Franciscans who are used to seeing houses crammed next to each other and every available space used. During yesterday's surprisingly warm and sunny afternoon I wandered over to this space where I had taken pictures a few days before. There were others there as well, just staring.

About me

  • I'm t.a.f.k.a.y.e.l.r.a.
  • From San Francisco, California, United States
My profile
www.flickr.com
The Staff at the Painted Ground's photos More of The Staff at the Painted Ground's photos

The Other Site