Espied in SF: Know Your Neighbours: Loverboy

« Home | Apples & Oranges, My Friend. Apples & Oranges! » | We Are Espied: The Year We Make Contact » | The Wall » | I'd Vote for Him » | Well... Off to Vote! » | DBH Returns... ? » | Psst! Lookee Here! » | Strange, Sad Air » | Overheardables Goes to the Movies » | Advice for the Wicked » 

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 

Know Your Neighbours: Loverboy

Welcome to the first of what I hope to be many posts about Non-Repeat Graffitiostas.

Non-Repeat Graffitiostas (NRGs) are those graffiti artists that tend to be varied in their numerous postings all over a certain city. Usually there is one thing that acts as the glue to connect the postings. Whether it be a symbol or the same signature or name. NRGs are quite often original with their statements.

Take Loverboy for, example.


Loverboy, unlike his (?) Canadian rock group counterpart, posts stickers all over the city with different comments. I've never come across a repeat, although I suppose it is possible.

The little heart after each of his statements caused me to dub him Loverboy. I guess I wasn't in an original mood then

Like many of the other NRGs, Loverboy's statements can be found in the nooks and crannies of San Francisco. Look close enough. I'm sure you can find something in your neighborhood. Check out the newspaper boxes and street signs. I found the following on a sticker in the middle of a median.


He tends to get around as well. I've seen his stickers in the Mission, the Lower Haight and the SOMA. Although I've yet to look in other neighborhoods, I'm sure he has hit several others.

why do you assume the artist is male? ...anyhow, you are right and his name is adam infanticide.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm t.a.f.k.a.y.e.l.r.a.
  • From San Francisco, California, United States
My profile
www.flickr.com
The Staff at the Painted Ground's photos More of The Staff at the Painted Ground's photos

The Other Site