Espied in SF: Apples & Oranges, My Friend. Apples & Oranges!

« Home | We Are Espied: The Year We Make Contact » | The Wall » | I'd Vote for Him » | Well... Off to Vote! » | DBH Returns... ? » | Psst! Lookee Here! » | Strange, Sad Air » | Overheardables Goes to the Movies » | Advice for the Wicked » | P.S.A. Tuesday » 

Friday, June 16, 2006 

Apples & Oranges, My Friend. Apples & Oranges!

Yeah, I know. They're comparing two different things. I don't get it either.

It reminds me of the conversation I had with my mom. When Blockbuster started to convert to solely DVD's my parents took advantage of the VHS closeouts. They would buy three movies on VHS at a time for something like ten dollars.

Being the snooty movie snob son that I am, I chastised her for doing this. The VHS tape had gone the way of the dinosaur and here she was trying to preserve these fossils. I let her know that DVD's were so much better than tape. They look better, too.

She insisted that VHS looks a lot better than DVD. I couldn't convince her otherwise. Still, my dad knows that she's full of "balloon juice." After decades of being married you have to just ignore your spouse's idiosyncrasies. Otherwise it'll just drive you nuts.

At least my dad knows the power of the DVD.

All hail the DVD.

If anything better comes to replace the DVD I won't accept it, though. Damn kids and their new recording formats.

******************************
[espied right next to lost weekend]

About me

  • I'm t.a.f.k.a.y.e.l.r.a.
  • From San Francisco, California, United States
My profile
www.flickr.com
The Staff at the Painted Ground's photos More of The Staff at the Painted Ground's photos

The Other Site