Espied in SF: Un Dí­a sin Inmigrantes

« Home | Bleat! » | Ingleside Adventure, part two » | Ingleside Adventure, part one » | Turkish Okra? » | The Lonely Streetcar » | Nitrous: It's Not Just for Breakfast Anymore » | Garage Door Mural » | More on the Earthquake/Fire » | One Hundred Years and Still Strong » | Please Lord, Let Me Sleep Through This » 

Monday, May 01, 2006 

Un Dí­a sin Inmigrantes

Signs at the Day Without Immigrants rally in downtown San Francisco Monday afternoon (besides the obligatory anti-HR4437 and anti-war/Bush signs):

"My Irish Ancestors were Illegal!"

"You Like Our Food, Why Not Us?"

"Lou Dobbs/CNN: RACIST!"

"Hi Dad!"

All in all, it was a peaceful protest. It took almost two hours for the parade to pass by Market and Fremont. It really shows you what grassroots organizing can do.

Next time I'll remember to bring my camera.

******************

The final DBH Monday, next week.

About me

  • I'm t.a.f.k.a.y.e.l.r.a.
  • From San Francisco, California, United States
My profile
www.flickr.com
The Staff at the Painted Ground's photos More of The Staff at the Painted Ground's photos

The Other Site