Espied in SF: Ingleside Adventure, part one

« Home | Turkish Okra? » | The Lonely Streetcar » | Nitrous: It's Not Just for Breakfast Anymore » | Garage Door Mural » | More on the Earthquake/Fire » | One Hundred Years and Still Strong » | Please Lord, Let Me Sleep Through This » | I'm Not Touching This One » | DBH Monday: David Quotes Prince » | Emptiness » 

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 

Ingleside Adventure, part one

Oh, MUNI, how I love you.

The other day the M street car broke down at the intersection of Byxbee, 19th Avenue and Randolph. It's not the first time this has happened.

I had three choices:
  1. Wait until it was fixed
  2. Wait until the M shows up in the opposite direction and take it.
  3. Walk to the Balboa Station.
I chose to walk the first two choices were not really an option. At that point I was not willing to be friends with MUNI. Besides, it was a beautiful day. Everyone else was sharing my sentiment, so I had some company.


My journey took me through the Ingleside Neighborhood. The Ingleside is a low income neighborhood where ads for Kool and Salem cigarettes are ubiquitous. There is a lot of neglect going on here, but that's what happens when there is not a lot of money to go around.

Amongst the neglect there has to be many stories. Take the Cardinal Electric Company, for example. I love this sign. All the letters are there, you just can't see it at this angle. I don't know any info on the Cardinal Electric Company, except for that this building has been this way for years. There are websites that list contact info for this electrical contractor. However, I sincerely doubt that there is anything in this store front except for mice.

More on Ingleside tomorrow.

I hate, hate, hate Muni. When I lived in SF I actually signed up to run for mayor under the theory that if I had just enough power, I could scrap the entire system. But I never quite got it together enough to get on the ballot. Oh well. I ended up spending money on cabs or just walking everywhere for ten years. Muni is the worst.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm t.a.f.k.a.y.e.l.r.a.
  • From San Francisco, California, United States
My profile
www.flickr.com
The Staff at the Painted Ground's photos More of The Staff at the Painted Ground's photos

The Other Site