Espied in SF: Hello Fellow Android & Welcome to Espied in SF

« Home 

Monday, April 03, 2006 

Hello Fellow Android & Welcome to Espied in SF

Welcome to the inaugural posting of Espied in SF!

The idea for this blog has been running around in my head for the past few months. Its inspiration comes from such sites as Overheard in New York and Overheard in Dublin as well as Found Magazine. Additionally, local blogger and friend DDeThomas and his Painted Ground of San Jose Avenue blog has been an inspiration. I'm also intrigued by blogs such as Overheard Lines and In Passing... which actually deal with the Bay Area.

Since the demise of Confessions of a Restroom Attendant has arrived I feel that I should be continuing chronicling odd goings-on.

The main idea of this blog is to post overheard conversations, graffiti, strange sightings, leftovers from CoaRA, and other unusual, perhaps overlooked, parts of San Francisco. Yes, it is a mish-mash of things, but my hopes for this blog is to keep it from being too confusing. I plan on doing a lot of work myself, but I am trying to get contibutors as well. By contributors I mean I'm trying to cajole my friends into giving me some stuff to post.

Without further ado, let's get started, shall we?

The above picture was found on Drumm St., between Embarcadero Centers 3 and 4. From what I understand is this has been written by a fella named "King Crimson." He seems to be posting these odd essays all around the Financial District. I've seen a few on Battery Street, too. I couldn't pass these up when I saw them. I picked them up on Friday night in order to save them from the rain and record them for posterity. Anything that starts off with, "Hello Fellow Android" cannot be ignored.

I have more of these. Number two will be posted next Monday.

Thanks for stopping by!

Mark

Markie

This is nothing. I work for a government office where complaints are received, and we get things like this all the time. They have much the same feel frequently - written in oblique references to impending doom, at perpendicular angles, some in bold, some in fine print (hey, they are writing to a legal office), and usually much longer (pages and pages and pages). I sometimes wonder if Dr, Bronner has given up making Castile soap and started to frequent the government complaint offices.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm t.a.f.k.a.y.e.l.r.a.
  • From San Francisco, California, United States
My profile

Previous posts

www.flickr.com
The Staff at the Painted Ground's photos More of The Staff at the Painted Ground's photos

The Other Site